2G scam: Pawar dismisses Radia`s claim again
Solapur: Union Agriculture Minister
Sharad Pawar on Friday brushed aside the claim of corporate
lobbyist Niira Radia about his alleged links DB Realty, whose
telecom arm has been linked to the 2G scam.
Radia, in a statement to CBI in 2 G scam case, claimed
without evidence that Pawar may be controlling the
controversial DB Realty group, whose telecom company Swan has
been charge-sheeted in the case.
In her statement as witness in the case, Radia has,
however, said that she did not have any documentary or other
evidence to back her allegation against the Maratha strongman.
Pawar, who dismissed Radia`s allegations as baseless,
however, lost his cool while addressing a press conference in
Pandharpur town of Solapur district today.
In the background of social crusader Anna Hazare`s
anti-corruption agitation, the NCP chief without taking the
name of Hazare said "people throw stones only at the mango
tree which gives tasty mangoes".
In the backdrop of rising prices of agricultural
commodities, Pawar asked economic experts to ponder more
over plight of farmers in the country.
He said that the ministry of Agriculture is mulling
over a provision to lift the existing restriction on distance
of 14 km between two sugar factories to 20 km so as to check
shortage of sugarcane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid