2G scam: Radia appears before PAC
New Delhi: Parliament`s Public Accounts
Committee (PAC) on Monday quizzed corporate lobbyist Niira Radia
in connection with the alleged irregularities in the 2G
Radia, whose tapped phone conversations with politicians,
corporates, bureaucrats, and journalists, form a key part of
the investigations into the 2G spectrum scam, appeared before
the PAC at the Parliament House complex here.
The panel, headed by senior BJP leader Murli Manohar
Joshi, is understood to have sought clarifications from her on
the tapped conversations which include allegations of trying
to influence portfolio allocation to ministers in the UPA-II
In the calls, Radia, chairperson of Vaishnavi
Corporate Communications, is allegedly heard making efforts to
ensure that DMK leader A Raja gets the telecom portfolio. Raja
is now in jail in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation
Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata is scheduled to appear
before the PAC at 3.00 pm.
The PAC is expected to record the evidence of Tata on
the recent developments in the telecom sector, including
allocation of 2G and 3G spectrum.
On Tuesday, the PAC had asked Reliance Communications
chairman Anil Ambani, Etisalat DB Telecom CEO Atul Jham, S-Tel
CEO Shamik Das and Unitech Wireless managing director Sigve
Brekke to appear before it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'