2G scam: Radia appears before PAC
New Delhi: Parliament`s Public Accounts
Committee (PAC) on Monday quizzed corporate lobbyist Niira Radia
in connection with the alleged irregularities in the 2G
Radia, whose tapped phone conversations with politicians,
corporates, bureaucrats, and journalists, form a key part of
the investigations into the 2G spectrum scam, appeared before
the PAC at the Parliament House complex here.
The panel, headed by senior BJP leader Murli Manohar
Joshi, is understood to have sought clarifications from her on
the tapped conversations which include allegations of trying
to influence portfolio allocation to ministers in the UPA-II
In the calls, Radia, chairperson of Vaishnavi
Corporate Communications, is allegedly heard making efforts to
ensure that DMK leader A Raja gets the telecom portfolio. Raja
is now in jail in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation
Tata Sons chairman Ratan Tata is scheduled to appear
before the PAC at 3.00 pm.
The PAC is expected to record the evidence of Tata on
the recent developments in the telecom sector, including
allocation of 2G and 3G spectrum.
On Tuesday, the PAC had asked Reliance Communications
chairman Anil Ambani, Etisalat DB Telecom CEO Atul Jham, S-Tel
CEO Shamik Das and Unitech Wireless managing director Sigve
Brekke to appear before it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons