2G scam: Radia questioned by CBI for third time
New Delhi: Corporate lobbyist Niira Radia
was on Thursday questioned by the CBI for the second time in as many
days in connection with the probe into the 2G spectrum
Official sources said Radia, who is in the
spotlight over her taped conversations with many including
Department of Telecom officials and former Minister A Raja,
came to the CBI headquarters here in the morning and was there
till the evening.
She had appeared before the CBI on Tuesday and this is
the third time that the agency has questioned in connection
with the scam.
Though officials remained tighlipped about the line of
questioning, sources said she was asked about funding of some
telecom companies who were alloted the second generation
spectrum from October 2007 to January 2008.
On Tuesday too, she was asked questioned about the
She was first questioned on December 21 by CBI
officials at her farmhouse in Delhi.
The CBI sleuths had earlier also carried out searches
at Radia`s residence and the premises of her firm, Vaishnavi
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has also grilled her
on allegations of money laundering.
Supreme Court is closely monitoring the multi agency
probe in the allocation of 2G spectrum to certain telecom
The apex court has asked CBI and ED to submit status
reports on their probe to it by February 10, when the 2G
spectrum case will come up for hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling