2G scam: Speaker examining Joshi’s ‘PAC report’
New Delhi: Speaker Meira Kumar
appears to be in no hurry to decide whether the "document"
submitted by PAC chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on its scrutiny
into the 2G scam issue is indeed the report of the committee.
The controversial draft report that was sharply critical
of the PMO, Prime Minister, the then finance minister P
Chidambaram among others was `rejected` by the majority of
members during a chaotic meeting last week.
"We have not applied our mind to it," Lok Sabha sources
when asked as to when the Speaker would decide on the
The Monsoon Session of Parliament is likely to start
sometime in July and its exact schedule is yet to be fixed.
The sources said that all the material which have been
submitted in connection with the PAC are under examination.
To a specific question when the report submitted by Joshi
to her would be tabled in Parliament, they said the "document"
given by the BJP veteran, as also the papers submitted by
Congress and like-minded parties, were under examination.
Joshi, who has again been appointed as PAC chairman for a
second term, had submitted the report to the Speaker`s office
on Saturday last, unfazed by the "rejection" of the draft
report by Congress, DMK, SP and BSP members by majority in
the 21-member Committee.
"I have submitted the report... My expectation is that
the Speaker should accept it and place it in Parliament,"
Joshi had said.
Attacking Joshi, Parliamentary Affairs Minister PK
Bansal had said that "going by Joshi`s queer theory, the
entire democratic system would crumble with a minority in
Parliament insisting on treating their views as the decision
Congress and DMK members have attacked the draft, saying
it had been prepared by Joshi with a "malafide" intention of
destabilising the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert