2G scam: Swan money trail leads to Switzerland
New Delhi: The CBI probe into multi-crore 2G scam made further headway as the investigating agency has got hold of voluminous five packets of documents from Mauritius on the ownership pattern and money trails of around 15 companies under the scanner.
Officials said that the documents were received by the CBI two days ago through diplomatic channels and were currently under scrutiny.
The documents were received following an order by Mauritius’ Attorney General who said that all information sought by the CBI in their Letter Rogatories (LRs) should be responded to.
Moreover, these documents have been received by the CBI just days before it is set to file a status report in the 2G case before the Supreme Court by the first week of July, and at a time when the agency is actively tying loose ends to file a third chargesheet in the case.
Given the urgency of the probe, the CBI had dispatched a two-member team to Mauritius last month which was accompanied by a two-member team of the Enforcement Directorate to look closely into the matter.
Sources said that while the scrutiny of the documents is still in progress, what is known is that the money trail for Delphi Investment, the company to which the 9.9% stake held by Reliance Telecom in Swan Telecom was transferred in December 2007, has now moved to Switzerland.
The CBI is probing the money trail in Switzerland in its attempt to link the alleged pay-offs and a possible quid pro quo involving former telecom minister A Raja.
The LR sent by the CBI to Mauritius had stated that just two months after bagging the dual technology license, a subsidiary company of Reliance Communications had sold its entire equity of 1.07 crore shares to Delphi, located in Port Louis, Mauritius.
Details and the funding pattern of Mavi Investment Fund, the company of which Delphi is a wholly-owned subsidiary, have also been received by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea