2G scam: Swan money trail leads to Switzerland
New Delhi: The CBI probe into multi-crore 2G scam made further headway as the investigating agency has got hold of voluminous five packets of documents from Mauritius on the ownership pattern and money trails of around 15 companies under the scanner.
Officials said that the documents were received by the CBI two days ago through diplomatic channels and were currently under scrutiny.
The documents were received following an order by Mauritius’ Attorney General who said that all information sought by the CBI in their Letter Rogatories (LRs) should be responded to.
Moreover, these documents have been received by the CBI just days before it is set to file a status report in the 2G case before the Supreme Court by the first week of July, and at a time when the agency is actively tying loose ends to file a third chargesheet in the case.
Given the urgency of the probe, the CBI had dispatched a two-member team to Mauritius last month which was accompanied by a two-member team of the Enforcement Directorate to look closely into the matter.
Sources said that while the scrutiny of the documents is still in progress, what is known is that the money trail for Delphi Investment, the company to which the 9.9% stake held by Reliance Telecom in Swan Telecom was transferred in December 2007, has now moved to Switzerland.
The CBI is probing the money trail in Switzerland in its attempt to link the alleged pay-offs and a possible quid pro quo involving former telecom minister A Raja.
The LR sent by the CBI to Mauritius had stated that just two months after bagging the dual technology license, a subsidiary company of Reliance Communications had sold its entire equity of 1.07 crore shares to Delphi, located in Port Louis, Mauritius.
Details and the funding pattern of Mavi Investment Fund, the company of which Delphi is a wholly-owned subsidiary, have also been received by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India