2G scam: Swan money trail leads to Switzerland
New Delhi: The CBI probe into multi-crore 2G scam made further headway as the investigating agency has got hold of voluminous five packets of documents from Mauritius on the ownership pattern and money trails of around 15 companies under the scanner.
Officials said that the documents were received by the CBI two days ago through diplomatic channels and were currently under scrutiny.
The documents were received following an order by Mauritius’ Attorney General who said that all information sought by the CBI in their Letter Rogatories (LRs) should be responded to.
Moreover, these documents have been received by the CBI just days before it is set to file a status report in the 2G case before the Supreme Court by the first week of July, and at a time when the agency is actively tying loose ends to file a third chargesheet in the case.
Given the urgency of the probe, the CBI had dispatched a two-member team to Mauritius last month which was accompanied by a two-member team of the Enforcement Directorate to look closely into the matter.
Sources said that while the scrutiny of the documents is still in progress, what is known is that the money trail for Delphi Investment, the company to which the 9.9% stake held by Reliance Telecom in Swan Telecom was transferred in December 2007, has now moved to Switzerland.
The CBI is probing the money trail in Switzerland in its attempt to link the alleged pay-offs and a possible quid pro quo involving former telecom minister A Raja.
The LR sent by the CBI to Mauritius had stated that just two months after bagging the dual technology license, a subsidiary company of Reliance Communications had sold its entire equity of 1.07 crore shares to Delphi, located in Port Louis, Mauritius.
Details and the funding pattern of Mavi Investment Fund, the company of which Delphi is a wholly-owned subsidiary, have also been received by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'