2G spectrum case: ED questions Raja`s close aide
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate has questioned former Telecom Minister A Raja`s close aide RK Chandolia in connection with the alleged 2G spectrum scam and indicated that more officials are under the scanner.
Official sources said Chandolia, who was personal secretary to Raja at the time of the controversial spectrum allocation in 2008, was questioned for seven hours by the ED yesterday.
Chandolia, who is believed to be in the know of all the transactions in the controversial spectrum allocation, was summoned under relevant sections of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
Sources said the official, who was sent back to his parent department Indian Economic Services within days of new Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal taking charge, was quizzed on the issue of the first-come-first-served basis for allocation of spectrum in 2008 after the cut off date for receiving applications was advanced by a week from October 1, 2007 to September 25.
They said Chandolia, besides being asked about his personal financial details, was also questioned on the role played by corporate lobbyist Nira Radia.
The sources said Chandolia wrote down several pages of his statement about the alleged scam, which is also being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Sources said the Directorate is likely to summon Chandolia again as part of its investigation.
They said certain other government officials, whose name have cropped up during the probe, will also be questioned soon but did not elaborate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her