2G spectrum charges don`t affect daily work: Raja
Udhagamandalam (TN): Terming the charges
with regard to allocation of spectrum in 2008 against him as
baseless, Telecom Minister A Raja Monday said the allegations
in no way have affected the day-to-day work.
"These baseless allegations do not affect developmental
works being carried out by me either in the ministry or in the
constituency," Raja, representing the Nilgiris seat in the Lok
Sabha, told reporters here.
Raja has been under attack for distributing new telecom
licenses bundled with 4.4 MHz of spectrum in early 2008 at Rs
1,658 crore, the price discovered in 2001, and the opposition
parties have been seeking his dismissal from the Cabinet.
The spectrum controversy rocked Parliament during the
recent session with opposition parties, including the BJP and
the AIADMK, demanding the sacking of Raja alleging that he had
caused a loss of Rs 1 lakh crore to the government while
allocating 2G spectrum or radiowaves. The opposition parties
pressed for a Joint Parliamentary Committee to probe the
Strongly backing Raja, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK
chief M Karunanidhi had said opposition parties were levelling
"malicious charges" just because he is a Dalit.
On the ongoing auction for 3G spectrum licenses, the
minister said the final figure would be known after a couple
In the town to visit the sick Hindustan Photo Films
(HPF), Raja said he as the local MP had recommended to Union
Heavy Industries Ministry to provide a package of Rs 302 crore
for the revival of the public sector unit.
This included Rs 200 crore for clearing debts, Rs 20
crore for salary arrears, Rs 9 crore for preliminary working
capital and Rs 43 crore for updating technology, he said.
Raja said he expected that the Heavy Industries Ministry
would take steps for early revival of HPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp