2G spectrum row has backfired on BJP: Sonia
New Delhi: The row over 2G spectrum allocation losses has backfired on the BJP, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said Friday, after a former auditor blamed BJP`s Murli Manohar Joshi for influencing the draft CAG report.
"Absolutely. I think so," Gandhi told reporters in the parliament complex when reporters asked if the Bharatiya Janata Party`s accusations had backfired on the party.
This followed a disclosure by RP Singh, former CAG director general, that the report was influenced by Joshi. The BJP leader is also the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) chief.
RP Singh told television channels that the CAG`s 2G report had been influenced by Joshi and the loss figure mentioned in it was presumptive and was restored even after he deleted it in the draft.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari also hit out at Joshi.
"What is extremely important is that (in) May 2010, when the draft report is prepared by RP Singh, the loss is quantified at Rs.20,645 crore. But in November 2010, (when) the report is presented in parliament, the loss jumps to Rs.1 lakh 76 thousand crore," Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark