2G: Swamy to move SC against trial court order
New Delhi: Refusing to give up his efforts to
make Home Minister P Chidambaram a co-accused in 2G scam,
Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said he will move
the Supreme Court within a month to challenge a Delhi court`s
order rejecting his plea as he has a "very very strong case".
Swamy described Special CBI Judge OP Saini as a "good
man" but said the "order is bad" and he was surprised by it.
"I will appeal against this order in Supreme Court. The
order is bad because the Judge has in his order agreed that
Chidambaram and A Raja (former Telecom Minister) had jointly
decided to follow the 2001 policy of first-come first-serve
for selling spectrum," he told reporters here hours after the
Calling the verdict as an "interim relief" to Chidambaram,
he said the court has also agreed that Chidambaram and Raja
agreed on dilution of equity and wondered why only Raja had
been jailed on the basis of these charges.
"The Judge said that I did not prove how Chidambaram acted
in a malafide manner in the fixation of spectrum price at 2001
rate. This comes only during the time of trial," he said.
Asked whether he would appeal in the High Court or Supreme
Court, Swamy said the Supreme Court had said earlier that a
trial court`s decision could be challenged directly in the
"I will appeal against the order in the Supreme Court
within a month`s time. I have three months` time to appeal,"
he said, insisting that he has a "very very strong case" both
against Chidambaram and A Raja, who is the main accused in the
2G spectrum allocation scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram