2G verdict: Cong questions BJP`s anti-graft plank
New Delhi: Encouraged by a Delhi court`s
dismissal of a plea to make Home Minister P Chidambaram a co-
accused in 2G spectrum case, Congress on Saturday questioned BJP`s
credentials to fight corruption by focussing on its induction
of "corrupt discards of BSP" in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh.
The party mouthpiece "Congress Sandesh" released today
also attacked BJP for its role on the Lokpal Bill issue.
"The public posture of the main Opposition party and its
acts are always in contradiction...while they were sharing the
podium with the representatives of the civil society group at
the Jantar Mantar and BJP leadership made tall claims of
bringing votaries of a strong Lokpal Bill,...they did
everything to ensure that the bill does not get cleared" in
Parliament, the editorial said.
Referring to recent induction of tainted former BSP
minister Babu Singh Kushwaha (without naming him) into BJP,
the Congress journal said "all their averments in support of
anti-corruption issues have been belied by the manner in which
induction of the corrupt discards of BSP has occurred into BJP
in Uttar Pradesh."
Alleging that BJP has become a "multi-faced" party, the
editorial said that its acts in Uttar Pradesh as well as
Karnataka and other states ruled by the party, where they are
led by "leaders accused of corruption exposed" BJP`s position
on fighting graft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'