2G verdict: Cong questions BJP`s anti-graft plank
New Delhi: Encouraged by a Delhi court`s
dismissal of a plea to make Home Minister P Chidambaram a co-
accused in 2G spectrum case, Congress on Saturday questioned BJP`s
credentials to fight corruption by focussing on its induction
of "corrupt discards of BSP" in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh.
The party mouthpiece "Congress Sandesh" released today
also attacked BJP for its role on the Lokpal Bill issue.
"The public posture of the main Opposition party and its
acts are always in contradiction...while they were sharing the
podium with the representatives of the civil society group at
the Jantar Mantar and BJP leadership made tall claims of
bringing votaries of a strong Lokpal Bill,...they did
everything to ensure that the bill does not get cleared" in
Parliament, the editorial said.
Referring to recent induction of tainted former BSP
minister Babu Singh Kushwaha (without naming him) into BJP,
the Congress journal said "all their averments in support of
anti-corruption issues have been belied by the manner in which
induction of the corrupt discards of BSP has occurred into BJP
in Uttar Pradesh."
Alleging that BJP has become a "multi-faced" party, the
editorial said that its acts in Uttar Pradesh as well as
Karnataka and other states ruled by the party, where they are
led by "leaders accused of corruption exposed" BJP`s position
on fighting graft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon