3-4 incidents don`t make saffron terror phenomenon: RSS
Bhopal: Mere occurrence of three-four
incidents cannot be termed as a phenomenon which is a
continuous process, senior RSS leader Ram Madhav today said
reacting to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s "saffron
"We believe there is nothing like Hindu terrorism or
saffron terrorism in the country," Madhav said addressing a
seminar on "Politics of Terrorism and Media".
Madhav said attempts were being made to create a bogey of
saffron terrorism by certain parties.
He alleged use of the term "saffron terrorism" was as an
attempt to divert attention from "jihadi terrorism".
"The term saffron terrorism was deliberately coined with
a vested political interest, so that no one can question the
government on the issue of jihadi terrorism," Madhav told
reporters after a seminar here.
"The ongoing probe in the three to four (bomb blast)
cases (linked to radical Hindu outfits) should reveal the
mastermind behind these incidents. Then only anything can be
said about them," the former RSS spokesperson said.
To a question, Madhav said there was nothing like
saffron/Hindu terrorism in the country. But it cannot be said
that terrorism has no colour as it followed certain ideology.
Madhav said when the philosophy of Hinduism is based on
the welfare of the people, it cannot be linked to terrorism or
The seminar was also addressed by `Saamna` newspaper`s
Executive Editor Prem Shukla and senior Congress leader
Shukla slammed Chidambaram for the remarks and said
"Islamic terrorism" was coined after the 9/11 terror attacks
in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report