3-4 incidents don`t make saffron terror phenomenon: RSS
Bhopal: Mere occurrence of three-four
incidents cannot be termed as a phenomenon which is a
continuous process, senior RSS leader Ram Madhav today said
reacting to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram`s "saffron
"We believe there is nothing like Hindu terrorism or
saffron terrorism in the country," Madhav said addressing a
seminar on "Politics of Terrorism and Media".
Madhav said attempts were being made to create a bogey of
saffron terrorism by certain parties.
He alleged use of the term "saffron terrorism" was as an
attempt to divert attention from "jihadi terrorism".
"The term saffron terrorism was deliberately coined with
a vested political interest, so that no one can question the
government on the issue of jihadi terrorism," Madhav told
reporters after a seminar here.
"The ongoing probe in the three to four (bomb blast)
cases (linked to radical Hindu outfits) should reveal the
mastermind behind these incidents. Then only anything can be
said about them," the former RSS spokesperson said.
To a question, Madhav said there was nothing like
saffron/Hindu terrorism in the country. But it cannot be said
that terrorism has no colour as it followed certain ideology.
Madhav said when the philosophy of Hinduism is based on
the welfare of the people, it cannot be linked to terrorism or
The seminar was also addressed by `Saamna` newspaper`s
Executive Editor Prem Shukla and senior Congress leader
Shukla slammed Chidambaram for the remarks and said
"Islamic terrorism" was coined after the 9/11 terror attacks
in the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal