3 held for attack on ex-Union Minister`s home
Chennai: Three people have been arrested for throwing petrol bombs at the house of former union minister and Congress leader E.V.K.S. Elangovan here Friday night, police said.
The attack came after Elangovan Friday removed posters and banners eulogising the late Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) chief V. Prabhakaran at Erode.
Elangovan has charged the Erode police officials with abusing him when he complained about the posters.
Meanwhile, Tamil Nadu Congress party leaders met Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi Saturday and urged him to take action against those who threw petrol bombs at the former minister`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video