3 IIT students expelled for misbehaviour with juniors
Chennai: Three students of the IIT, Madras,
here have been expelled from the hostel for a year and
barred from contesting in students` council elections for
alleged misbehaviour with their juniors.
The action last week followed an inquiry by the
authorities found the complaint of misbehaviour to be true,
college authorities said.
The three were asked to leave the hostel for one year and
find accommodation outside the campus, the sources said adding
the hostel authorities had been asked not to allow them
inside the hostel during this period.
They have also been barred from contesting for positions
in the students` council and other bodies, they said.
Hostel students have also been advised against
entertaining the expelled students and allowing them inside.
They have been warned of disciplinary action if they were
found violating the instructions.
They have also instructed that seniors-juniors interaction
should happen only in the common room in the presence of
wardens and coordinators during the roll call in the evening
and seniors should not summon the juniors to their rooms.
Action would be taken against those who violate this, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail