3 IIT students expelled for misbehaviour with juniors
Chennai: Three students of the IIT, Madras,
here have been expelled from the hostel for a year and
barred from contesting in students` council elections for
alleged misbehaviour with their juniors.
The action last week followed an inquiry by the
authorities found the complaint of misbehaviour to be true,
college authorities said.
The three were asked to leave the hostel for one year and
find accommodation outside the campus, the sources said adding
the hostel authorities had been asked not to allow them
inside the hostel during this period.
They have also been barred from contesting for positions
in the students` council and other bodies, they said.
Hostel students have also been advised against
entertaining the expelled students and allowing them inside.
They have been warned of disciplinary action if they were
found violating the instructions.
They have also instructed that seniors-juniors interaction
should happen only in the common room in the presence of
wardens and coordinators during the roll call in the evening
and seniors should not summon the juniors to their rooms.
Action would be taken against those who violate this, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister