3 Indians in court for murder charges of Praveen
London: Three Indians charged with the
attempted murder of Praveen Reddy, an MBA student from Andhra
Pradesh who was critically stabbed in east London last week,
have been produced in a British court here, police said on Monday.
The three Indians -- Amareshwar Arava, 25, Sai Kishore
Balguri, 25, and Nishanth Puttapaka, 23 -- were produced
before the Thames Magistrates` Court, charged with the
attempted murder of Praveen here, who was critically stabbed
on February 10 night in east London`s Kent Street, Plaistow,
according to the Metropolitan Police.
Arava, Balguri and Puttapaka are all from Kent Street,
26-year-old Praveen was stabbed in the neck, chest and
abdomen several times and thrown out of the apartment in the
London borough of Newham where he lived, according to the
A quarrel between two groups of students hailing from
Andhra Pradesh is believed to have led to the attack.
Police said they were called at 08.23 hrs on February 10
to Newham General Hospital after a man was admitted suffering
from stab wounds.
"The 26-year-old victim remains in hospital in a critical
condition," police said.
Initially eleven people were arrested and three of them
were charged with the attempted murder.
Seven other men were bailed out and another person was
released on Saturday without further action, police said.
Last week, Indian External Affairs Minister S M Krishna
spoke to the acting High Commissioner Rajesh Prasad, asking
him to extend all possible help to him.
The victim’s father Sudhakar Reddy and an uncle have been
granted visa in India to reach London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah