3-member committee to submit report against Vastanvi in July
Lucknow: The three-member inquiry committee of Darul Uloom Deoband would submit its report to the majlis-e-shoora or the governing council of the seminary
next month into the allegations against incumbent VC Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi.
The report of the inquiry committee would be submitted at the meeting of the Council likely to be held in the end of July, acting head of the Darul Uloom Maulana
Abdul Qasim Nomani said.
The meeting in this regard is expected to take place on July 27, Nomani said.
"The report would not be given to anyone else before the meeting of the Council," he said.
60-year-old Vastanvi, who hails from Gujarat and has an MBA degree, was elected VC on January 10. The moderate Maulana, who has a Facebook page in his name, had triggered a controversy soon after his appointment with his remarks
praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s rule and his development policy.
He had reportedly said that Muslims should forget the communal riots of 2002 and move on and that the community did not face discrimination in Gujarat.
The Governing Council constituted a three-member committee, comprising of Mufti Mazoor Ahmad from Kanpur, Mufti Mohammad Ismail from Malegaon and Maulana Mohammad Ibrahim from Chennai, to look into the allegations against Vastanvi
and all other issues concerning both inside and outside the seminary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'