3 more witnesses turn hostile in Sankararaman murder case
Puducherry: Three more prosecution witnesses
on Saturday turned hostile during the trial of Sankararaman murder
case, in which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi is the
So far 185 witnesses have been examined since the
commencement of the trial here about two years ago and of them
80 have turned hostile.
When the case came up before Principal District and
Sessions Judge K.Ramswamy, Special Public Prosecutor N
Devadoss examined the witnesses and declared three of them as
hostile after they contradicted their earlier statements.
Sankararaman the manager in the Varadarajaperumal temple in
Kancheepuram was allegedly murdered on the premises of the
temple on September 3, 2004. The Sankaracharya and his deputy
Vijayendra Saraswathi have been charged with conspiracy in
eliminating Sankararaman out of personal enmity.
Of the 24 accused, only four were present during the
hearing today and the absentees included the two seers.
The Judge adjourned further hearing in the case to April
The Special Public Prosecutor told PTI that five more
witnesses would be examined at the next hearing.
The case was shifted to Puducherry by the Supreme Court on
a petition by the Sankaracharya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla