3 powerful IEDs found in Naxal-dominated area in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three powerful improvised explosive
devices, suspected to have been planted by Naxals, were today
found embedded by CRPF in a road in Bijapur in Chhattisgarh,
during a search operation after a mine exploded injuring three
The IEDs were traced by the force in a forest area
adjoining Cherpal village after the jawans suffered injuries
while trying to deactivate and remove a mine, a senior CRPF
"Three personnel sustained minor injuries in the forests
adjoining Cherpal village when a mine went off while they were
demining the Bijapur-Gangalur road," a senior CRPF official
said. The road is used by CRPF.
He said during the search operation, three powerful
IEDs, each weighing 10 kgs, were found.
The security personnel had undertaken the demining
exercise after receiving a tip off that Naxals had planted
landmines on a stretch of the road.
Naxals had yesterday ambushed a CRPF contingent in the
state`s Narayanpur district killing 26 personnel of the force.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why