3 powerful IEDs found in Naxal-dominated area in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three powerful improvised explosive
devices, suspected to have been planted by Naxals, were today
found embedded by CRPF in a road in Bijapur in Chhattisgarh,
during a search operation after a mine exploded injuring three
The IEDs were traced by the force in a forest area
adjoining Cherpal village after the jawans suffered injuries
while trying to deactivate and remove a mine, a senior CRPF
"Three personnel sustained minor injuries in the forests
adjoining Cherpal village when a mine went off while they were
demining the Bijapur-Gangalur road," a senior CRPF official
said. The road is used by CRPF.
He said during the search operation, three powerful
IEDs, each weighing 10 kgs, were found.
The security personnel had undertaken the demining
exercise after receiving a tip off that Naxals had planted
landmines on a stretch of the road.
Naxals had yesterday ambushed a CRPF contingent in the
state`s Narayanpur district killing 26 personnel of the force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand