3 powerful IEDs found in Naxal-dominated area in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three powerful improvised explosive
devices, suspected to have been planted by Naxals, were today
found embedded by CRPF in a road in Bijapur in Chhattisgarh,
during a search operation after a mine exploded injuring three
The IEDs were traced by the force in a forest area
adjoining Cherpal village after the jawans suffered injuries
while trying to deactivate and remove a mine, a senior CRPF
"Three personnel sustained minor injuries in the forests
adjoining Cherpal village when a mine went off while they were
demining the Bijapur-Gangalur road," a senior CRPF official
said. The road is used by CRPF.
He said during the search operation, three powerful
IEDs, each weighing 10 kgs, were found.
The security personnel had undertaken the demining
exercise after receiving a tip off that Naxals had planted
landmines on a stretch of the road.
Naxals had yesterday ambushed a CRPF contingent in the
state`s Narayanpur district killing 26 personnel of the force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says