3 powerful IEDs found in Naxal-dominated area in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three powerful improvised explosive
devices, suspected to have been planted by Naxals, were today
found embedded by CRPF in a road in Bijapur in Chhattisgarh,
during a search operation after a mine exploded injuring three
The IEDs were traced by the force in a forest area
adjoining Cherpal village after the jawans suffered injuries
while trying to deactivate and remove a mine, a senior CRPF
"Three personnel sustained minor injuries in the forests
adjoining Cherpal village when a mine went off while they were
demining the Bijapur-Gangalur road," a senior CRPF official
said. The road is used by CRPF.
He said during the search operation, three powerful
IEDs, each weighing 10 kgs, were found.
The security personnel had undertaken the demining
exercise after receiving a tip off that Naxals had planted
landmines on a stretch of the road.
Naxals had yesterday ambushed a CRPF contingent in the
state`s Narayanpur district killing 26 personnel of the force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon