3 Tihar jail officials get President`s medal
New Delhi: Three Tihar jail officials, including an Assistant Superintendent, have been awarded with President`s Medal for their distinguished service on the occasion of Independence Day.
"Three prison officials - assistant superintendent Rishi Kumar, head warder Yash Pal Negi and warder Sunil Kumar - have been awarded President`s Correctional Medal for meritorious services on the occasion of Independence Day," Tihar Jail spokesperson Sunil Gupta said.
Last year, two jail officials, assistant jail superintendent Hansraj Singh and jail warden Mohammad Aslam were honoured with the award.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!