3-year-old girl falls into borewell in Punjab
Batala: A 3-year-old girl fell into a
borewell at Dheera village in Gurdaspur district on Wednesday,
official sources said.
Dinnaj Kaur, a resident of Dairywal village, had come to
her maternal village Dheera where she accidentally slipped
into the borewell while playing near the spot with other
children, Deputy Commissioner Gurdaspur Prithi Chand said.
The owner of the borewell had covered it with a gunny bag
after its electric motor stopped functioning a few days back.
The district administration, which had launched rescue
efforts to pull out the child, has sought Army assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya