3-year-old girl falls into borewell in Punjab
Batala: A 3-year-old girl fell into a
borewell at Dheera village in Gurdaspur district on Wednesday,
official sources said.
Dinnaj Kaur, a resident of Dairywal village, had come to
her maternal village Dheera where she accidentally slipped
into the borewell while playing near the spot with other
children, Deputy Commissioner Gurdaspur Prithi Chand said.
The owner of the borewell had covered it with a gunny bag
after its electric motor stopped functioning a few days back.
The district administration, which had launched rescue
efforts to pull out the child, has sought Army assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH