3-year-old girl falls into borewell in Punjab
Batala: A 3-year-old girl fell into a
borewell at Dheera village in Gurdaspur district on Wednesday,
official sources said.
Dinnaj Kaur, a resident of Dairywal village, had come to
her maternal village Dheera where she accidentally slipped
into the borewell while playing near the spot with other
children, Deputy Commissioner Gurdaspur Prithi Chand said.
The owner of the borewell had covered it with a gunny bag
after its electric motor stopped functioning a few days back.
The district administration, which had launched rescue
efforts to pull out the child, has sought Army assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cristiano Ronaldo meets Conor McGregor in the ring – See what happened next!
- Rahguram Rajan's continuance would have benefited India: Subbarao
- Central Government plays waiting game as Wrestling Federation backs dope-tainted Narsingh Yadav
- File chargesheet against Chhota Rajan in Dey murder case by Aug 5, court tells CBI
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics