3-year-old girl falls into borewell in Punjab
Batala: A 3-year-old girl fell into a
borewell at Dheera village in Gurdaspur district on Wednesday,
official sources said.
Dinnaj Kaur, a resident of Dairywal village, had come to
her maternal village Dheera where she accidentally slipped
into the borewell while playing near the spot with other
children, Deputy Commissioner Gurdaspur Prithi Chand said.
The owner of the borewell had covered it with a gunny bag
after its electric motor stopped functioning a few days back.
The district administration, which had launched rescue
efforts to pull out the child, has sought Army assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore