3-year-old girl falls into borewell in Punjab
Batala: A 3-year-old girl fell into a
borewell at Dheera village in Gurdaspur district on Wednesday,
official sources said.
Dinnaj Kaur, a resident of Dairywal village, had come to
her maternal village Dheera where she accidentally slipped
into the borewell while playing near the spot with other
children, Deputy Commissioner Gurdaspur Prithi Chand said.
The owner of the borewell had covered it with a gunny bag
after its electric motor stopped functioning a few days back.
The district administration, which had launched rescue
efforts to pull out the child, has sought Army assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders