30 CISF officials bag President`s police medals
New Delhi: Thirty CISF officials have been awarded the President`s Police medal on the eve of the Independence day.
The awardees include Inspector General (IG) Sanjay Chander, DIG Jai Deep Prasad and DIG Anjani K Singh along with many other senior and junior rank officers.
Prasad, officiating as the DIG (Operations and Intelligence) at the force headquarters here has earlier been awarded with the police medal for gallantry in 2009.
A 1995-batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IPS officer, Prasad has been credited for undertaking active policing works in the Naxal and dacoity affected districts of his cadre state.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) guards country`s major airports, aerospace and nuclear installations apart from guarding vital infrastructure in the government and private domain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended