30 CISF officials bag President`s police medals
New Delhi: Thirty CISF officials have been awarded the President`s Police medal on the eve of the Independence day.
The awardees include Inspector General (IG) Sanjay Chander, DIG Jai Deep Prasad and DIG Anjani K Singh along with many other senior and junior rank officers.
Prasad, officiating as the DIG (Operations and Intelligence) at the force headquarters here has earlier been awarded with the police medal for gallantry in 2009.
A 1995-batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IPS officer, Prasad has been credited for undertaking active policing works in the Naxal and dacoity affected districts of his cadre state.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) guards country`s major airports, aerospace and nuclear installations apart from guarding vital infrastructure in the government and private domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing