30 CISF officials bag President`s police medals
New Delhi: Thirty CISF officials have been awarded the President`s Police medal on the eve of the Independence day.
The awardees include Inspector General (IG) Sanjay Chander, DIG Jai Deep Prasad and DIG Anjani K Singh along with many other senior and junior rank officers.
Prasad, officiating as the DIG (Operations and Intelligence) at the force headquarters here has earlier been awarded with the police medal for gallantry in 2009.
A 1995-batch Madhya Pradesh cadre IPS officer, Prasad has been credited for undertaking active policing works in the Naxal and dacoity affected districts of his cadre state.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) guards country`s major airports, aerospace and nuclear installations apart from guarding vital infrastructure in the government and private domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible