35 army persons killed in different ops this year
New Delhi: As many as 35 army personnel have
been killed in different operations in various parts of the
country this year till now.
"During the current year, 30 armed forces personnel were
killed in Jammu and Kashmir, four in Sikkim and one in Assam,"
Defence Minister A K Antony told the Lok Sabha on Monday.
Armed forces have been deployed for counter terrorism and
counter insurgency operations, border guarding duties in these
He said the next of kin of the deceased have been
provided with compensation as per different schemes of the
government in this regard.
In reply to another query, the minister said the
Government has sanctioned hiring of 648 chartered flights for
airlifting armed forces personnel from areas cut-off from rest
of the country due to natural or man-made calamities.
These include 260 flights on Delhi-Leh-Delhi route, 208
for Delhi-Srinagar route and 104 for airlifting troops from
Thoise to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!