35 army persons killed in different ops this year
New Delhi: As many as 35 army personnel have
been killed in different operations in various parts of the
country this year till now.
"During the current year, 30 armed forces personnel were
killed in Jammu and Kashmir, four in Sikkim and one in Assam,"
Defence Minister A K Antony told the Lok Sabha on Monday.
Armed forces have been deployed for counter terrorism and
counter insurgency operations, border guarding duties in these
He said the next of kin of the deceased have been
provided with compensation as per different schemes of the
government in this regard.
In reply to another query, the minister said the
Government has sanctioned hiring of 648 chartered flights for
airlifting armed forces personnel from areas cut-off from rest
of the country due to natural or man-made calamities.
These include 260 flights on Delhi-Leh-Delhi route, 208
for Delhi-Srinagar route and 104 for airlifting troops from
Thoise to Delhi.
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex