36 bills to be introduced in Parliament`s monsoon session
New Delhi: The monsoon session of parliament that commences Monday will see the Goods and Service Tax Bill and the Direct Tax Code Bill among the 36 new bills to be introduced in the house.
The women`s reservation bill and the civil nuclear liability bill are among those listed for consideration and passing.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told reporters that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has informed that the government hopes to introduce the women`s quota bill in the Lok Sabha during the monsoon session after consulting the political parties that are opposed to the measure.
The monsoon session, which concludes Aug 24, will have 24 sittings spread over 33 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof