36 bills to be introduced in Parliament`s monsoon session
New Delhi: The monsoon session of parliament that commences Monday will see the Goods and Service Tax Bill and the Direct Tax Code Bill among the 36 new bills to be introduced in the house.
The women`s reservation bill and the civil nuclear liability bill are among those listed for consideration and passing.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told reporters that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has informed that the government hopes to introduce the women`s quota bill in the Lok Sabha during the monsoon session after consulting the political parties that are opposed to the measure.
The monsoon session, which concludes Aug 24, will have 24 sittings spread over 33 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing