36 bills to be introduced in Parliament`s monsoon session
New Delhi: The monsoon session of parliament that commences Monday will see the Goods and Service Tax Bill and the Direct Tax Code Bill among the 36 new bills to be introduced in the house.
The women`s reservation bill and the civil nuclear liability bill are among those listed for consideration and passing.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told reporters that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has informed that the government hopes to introduce the women`s quota bill in the Lok Sabha during the monsoon session after consulting the political parties that are opposed to the measure.
The monsoon session, which concludes Aug 24, will have 24 sittings spread over 33 days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?