4 CISF personnel injured in naxal attack
Giridih: Four CISF jawans were
on Friday injured after naxals attacked a bus carrying them as
part of an escort party for poll officials in the state.
According to sources, the naxals attacked the bus at
Barasingha village with heavy gunfire and in the ensuing cross
fire four personnel of the Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) were injured.
Reinforcements and senior officials of both the CISF
and state police have reached the spot and a search operation
has been launched, they said.
The injured men have been shifted to a local hospital.
The security personnel were returning from the fifth
and last phase of panchayat poll duty, when the Maoists opened
fired, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'