4 CISF personnel injured in naxal attack
Giridih: Four CISF jawans were
on Friday injured after naxals attacked a bus carrying them as
part of an escort party for poll officials in the state.
According to sources, the naxals attacked the bus at
Barasingha village with heavy gunfire and in the ensuing cross
fire four personnel of the Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) were injured.
Reinforcements and senior officials of both the CISF
and state police have reached the spot and a search operation
has been launched, they said.
The injured men have been shifted to a local hospital.
The security personnel were returning from the fifth
and last phase of panchayat poll duty, when the Maoists opened
fired, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account