4 CISF personnel injured in naxal attack
Giridih: Four CISF jawans were
on Friday injured after naxals attacked a bus carrying them as
part of an escort party for poll officials in the state.
According to sources, the naxals attacked the bus at
Barasingha village with heavy gunfire and in the ensuing cross
fire four personnel of the Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) were injured.
Reinforcements and senior officials of both the CISF
and state police have reached the spot and a search operation
has been launched, they said.
The injured men have been shifted to a local hospital.
The security personnel were returning from the fifth
and last phase of panchayat poll duty, when the Maoists opened
fired, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth