4 CISF personnel injured in naxal attack
Giridih: Four CISF jawans were
on Friday injured after naxals attacked a bus carrying them as
part of an escort party for poll officials in the state.
According to sources, the naxals attacked the bus at
Barasingha village with heavy gunfire and in the ensuing cross
fire four personnel of the Central Industrial Security Force
(CISF) were injured.
Reinforcements and senior officials of both the CISF
and state police have reached the spot and a search operation
has been launched, they said.
The injured men have been shifted to a local hospital.
The security personnel were returning from the fifth
and last phase of panchayat poll duty, when the Maoists opened
fired, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon