40 seats enough to make Mulayam PM: SP
Ballia: Samajwadi Party general secretary Kiranmoy Nanda said even if his party bagged 40 seats, its chief Mulayam Singh Yadav would become the Prime Minister. This exudes the party’s confidence that a strong third front would emerge after the Lok Sabha elections.
A strong third front would emerge after the upcoming general elections, Nand said.
The Uttarakhand natural calamity had damaged prospects of the Congress further and it would not get even 100 seats, he said.
On the other hand, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, head of the BJP`s poll campaign committee, alone was enough to sink his party`s boat, Nanda said.
"The NDA is scattered and will not get support of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa," the SP leader said.
In such a scenario, a strong third front would emerge after the Parliamentary elections, he said.
Even if his party secured 40 Lok Sabha seats, Mulayam would become the Prime Minister, the SP general secretary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened