40 seats enough to make Mulayam PM: SP
Ballia: Samajwadi Party general secretary Kiranmoy Nanda said even if his party bagged 40 seats, its chief Mulayam Singh Yadav would become the Prime Minister. This exudes the party’s confidence that a strong third front would emerge after the Lok Sabha elections.
A strong third front would emerge after the upcoming general elections, Nand said.
The Uttarakhand natural calamity had damaged prospects of the Congress further and it would not get even 100 seats, he said.
On the other hand, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, head of the BJP`s poll campaign committee, alone was enough to sink his party`s boat, Nanda said.
"The NDA is scattered and will not get support of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa," the SP leader said.
In such a scenario, a strong third front would emerge after the Parliamentary elections, he said.
Even if his party secured 40 Lok Sabha seats, Mulayam would become the Prime Minister, the SP general secretary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report