400-mt long tunnel found along Indo-Pak border
New Delhi: In a sensational disclosure Indian authorities on Saturday discovered a 400-mt long tunnel along Indo-Pak border in Samba disctrict of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have discovered a tunnel running between Pakistan and India in Samba district," SSP (Samba) Israr Khan told reporters.
The tunnel was detected after an area caved-in at two or three places due to rains near the BSF`s Chillayari Border Out Post (BOP), he said.
"After the cave-in, the area was dug out to know the reason. But, the authorities were surprised to find a tunnel," the SSP said.
The tunnel, with a dimension of 3x3-ft, was running between Chillayari BOP and Pakistan`s Numberiyal BOP, he said.
Dug at a depth of 25-ft below the ground level, it was 400-mt long on the Indian side, the SSP said adding "we are confirming whether the tunnel is operational or not."
The tunnel, which seemed to be freshly constructed, had air supply through a 2-inch pipe, he said adding "we are looking into all aspects."
Pakistan must be facing a lot of pressure from the militants to infiltrate them into the Indian territory, the SSP said.
"Since it is difficult to push in militants to the Indian side, they decided to set up a tunnel to facilitate infiltration," the SSP said.
With the above disclosure a possibility of security breach by terrorists trying to infiltrate inside India through the Indo-Pak border can’t be averted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers