400-mt long tunnel found along Indo-Pak border
New Delhi: In a sensational disclosure Indian authorities on Saturday discovered a 400-mt long tunnel along Indo-Pak border in Samba disctrict of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have discovered a tunnel running between Pakistan and India in Samba district," SSP (Samba) Israr Khan told reporters.
The tunnel was detected after an area caved-in at two or three places due to rains near the BSF`s Chillayari Border Out Post (BOP), he said.
"After the cave-in, the area was dug out to know the reason. But, the authorities were surprised to find a tunnel," the SSP said.
The tunnel, with a dimension of 3x3-ft, was running between Chillayari BOP and Pakistan`s Numberiyal BOP, he said.
Dug at a depth of 25-ft below the ground level, it was 400-mt long on the Indian side, the SSP said adding "we are confirming whether the tunnel is operational or not."
The tunnel, which seemed to be freshly constructed, had air supply through a 2-inch pipe, he said adding "we are looking into all aspects."
Pakistan must be facing a lot of pressure from the militants to infiltrate them into the Indian territory, the SSP said.
"Since it is difficult to push in militants to the Indian side, they decided to set up a tunnel to facilitate infiltration," the SSP said.
With the above disclosure a possibility of security breach by terrorists trying to infiltrate inside India through the Indo-Pak border can’t be averted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands