43 Brigadiers to become Maj Gen rank officers
New Delhi: Defence Ministry has cleared promotions of 43 Brigadiers to the rank of Major General for holding various charges.
While 30 officers were cleared in command and staff stream, the rest were elevated in the staff stream only, an Army officer said here on .
The Ministry took only two weeks to clear the promotions this time unlike in the past when the announcements were delayed as a result of which many officers retired before their elevation to the higher rank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says