43% of Indians back Modi as next PM: Poll
New Delhi: Forty-three per cent of Indians backed Narendra Modi as the leading choice for the next Prime Minister while Rahul Gandhi emerged as the second choice, according to an opinion poll by a market research agency.
According to the poll conducted by Ipsos, the support for Modi`s candidature was higher among men than women.
The support for Modi was strong in Lucknow, Bangalore and Chennai while the sentiment against him was high in Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai, a statement said.
Rahul had more support among women than men and he got strong support from Bangalore while there were voices against him in Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?