43% of Indians back Modi as next PM: Poll
New Delhi: Forty-three per cent of Indians backed Narendra Modi as the leading choice for the next Prime Minister while Rahul Gandhi emerged as the second choice, according to an opinion poll by a market research agency.
According to the poll conducted by Ipsos, the support for Modi`s candidature was higher among men than women.
The support for Modi was strong in Lucknow, Bangalore and Chennai while the sentiment against him was high in Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai, a statement said.
Rahul had more support among women than men and he got strong support from Bangalore while there were voices against him in Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler