48 spies arrested in 3 years across India
New Delhi: More than 30 ISI-backed espionage modules have been neutralised by security agencies across the country in the last three years resulting in arrest of 48 spies, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said since 2010 till February this year, 31 ISI-backed espionage modules have been neutralised throughout the country resulting in arrest of 38 Indians and 10 Pakistani espionage agents.
Out of the 38 Indians arrested, 10 were government officials, including two ex-servicemen, three serving personnel and three civilians.
Singh said the government has been pursuing a well coordinated and multi-pronged approach to tackle the activities of ISI which include strengthening vigilance on the borders to check infiltration and illegal cross border activities and gearing up the intelligence machinery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'