48 spies arrested in 3 years across India
New Delhi: More than 30 ISI-backed espionage modules have been neutralised by security agencies across the country in the last three years resulting in arrest of 48 spies, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said since 2010 till February this year, 31 ISI-backed espionage modules have been neutralised throughout the country resulting in arrest of 38 Indians and 10 Pakistani espionage agents.
Out of the 38 Indians arrested, 10 were government officials, including two ex-servicemen, three serving personnel and three civilians.
Singh said the government has been pursuing a well coordinated and multi-pronged approach to tackle the activities of ISI which include strengthening vigilance on the borders to check infiltration and illegal cross border activities and gearing up the intelligence machinery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan