48 spies arrested in 3 years across India
New Delhi: More than 30 ISI-backed espionage modules have been neutralised by security agencies across the country in the last three years resulting in arrest of 48 spies, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Minister of State for Home RPN Singh said since 2010 till February this year, 31 ISI-backed espionage modules have been neutralised throughout the country resulting in arrest of 38 Indians and 10 Pakistani espionage agents.
Out of the 38 Indians arrested, 10 were government officials, including two ex-servicemen, three serving personnel and three civilians.
Singh said the government has been pursuing a well coordinated and multi-pronged approach to tackle the activities of ISI which include strengthening vigilance on the borders to check infiltration and illegal cross border activities and gearing up the intelligence machinery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India