4,800 starvation deaths in India in last 4 years: Naqvi
Bhopal: Blaming the UPA government for steep price rise of the essential commodities, BJP vice president Mukthar Abbas Naqvi on Sunday said 4,800 deaths have taken place in the country due to starvation in the last four years.
"The Centre is responsible for the steep price rise of essential commodities. As many as 4800 deaths in last 48 months have taken place due to starvation in the country," the
BJP leader told reporters here.
Naqvi said he had collected the figures from official government sources, and added that the unofficial figures might have touched 20,000.
The UPA government should make public the figures of deaths due to starvation in last four-five years as this is a serious issue, he said.
The BJP leader said that prices of essential commodities have skyrocketed and these things were out of reach of the commoners.
Naqvi alleged that prices of essential commodities shot up further after the last Lok Sabha elections, to benefit the Multinational Corporations (MNCs), that might have funded the Congress during last general elections.
"Now the Congress too has become an MNC with a CEO at the helm of affairs," he said adding, "it (Congress) has perfected the art of `packaging` like an MNC rather focusing on the product and it quality."
The Congress is just making hollow promises rather than delivering quality goods to the people, like the MNCs, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan