5 securitymen killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five jawans of the Chhattisgarh Armed
Force were killed on Thursday when Naxals opened indiscriminate fire
at them near their camp in Narayanpur district, police said.
Some jawans of the force were involved in their regular
chores near the camp of the 16th Battalion of the force in
Jharaghati village under Dhodhai police limits when the Naxals
started firing at them killing four jawans on the spot,
Rajiv Shrivastav (IG) Naxal Operations said.
Another jawan, injured in the attack, succumbed in
Narayanpur hospital, he said.
The deceased personnel have been identified as Santosh
Pahare, Chandan Singh, Tarachand, Rajendra Diwan and Santosh
Hearing the gunshots, jawans in the camp retaliated after
which the Naxals fled from the spot, 300 kms from here.
The Naxals also decamped with two weapons - an AK-47 and
an INSAS rifle - of the jawans, the senior officer said.
Senior officials have reached the attack site and
anti-naxal operations have been intensified in the area to nab
the Maoists, who numbered around 150 and were hiding in the
area to launch an attack on the police camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing