5-year-old rape victim showing signs of recovery: Doctor
New Delhi: The five-year-old girl, who was raped and brutalised allegedly by her 22-year-old neighbour and presently undergoing treatment at the AIIMS, is alert and showing signs of recovery, doctors said on Saturday.
"At present, here general condition is stable. She is recovering and continues to be under close observation and monitoring. She is conscious, alert and all here parameters are well withing normal limits," AIIMS Medical Superintendent Dr DK Sharma told reporters.
She is showing signs of recovery and responding well to her treatment and she is speaking to her parents, he said reading out the medical bulletin.
The girl is under the supervision of a team of specialist doctors from paediatric surgery, paediatric medicine, gynaecology, urology, forensic medicine and anesthesia at the paediatric surgery department since last evening.
Doctors have also performed colostomy procedure to divert stool, and surgical dressing of her perineal injuries.
They have planned re-evaluation of perineal wounds and re-dressing under anesthesia tomorrow evening.
Earlier, doctors said that her condition was stable though she had suffered serious injuries in the assault.
"The girl is stable, conscious, alert and talking. All her vital parameters are under permissible limit.She is not in ICU but under close monitoring," Sharma had told reporters.
The girl, who was held captive in a house in Gandhi Nagar in east Delhi with no food and water, was shifted to AIIMS last evening from Swami Dayanand Hospital.
Sharma had said that definitive corrective surgery would need detailed planning and would be decided after the infection was controlled.
The girl has been put on IV fluid and antibiotics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof