5-yr-old`s rape: Main accused Manoj Sah sent in police custody
New Delhi: Manoj Sah, the main accused in the gangrape of a five-year-old in east Delhi, was today remanded by a city court in five-day police custody to confront him with co-accused Pradeep.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg remanded Manoj, 22, to police custody till April 30 after the probe agency said, "He has to be taken to his native place in Muzzafarpur, Bihar to recover the `blood-stained clothes` which he was wearing at the time of commission of crime."
The police also submitted that they have to confront him with co-accused 19-year-old Pradeep to know the entire facts as well as to corroborate his version given to the investigators at the time of his arrest.
While seeking his five-day custody, the police also said that they need to find out the movement of the accused from the point of them leaving Delhi and reaching Bihar.
"In view of the facts and circumstances of the case the accused is remanded to five-day police custody," the court said.
During the proceedings, the police also took Manoj`s handwriting sample with the permission of the court to match it with the handwriting on a piece of paper recovered from Pradeep and allegedly given to him by Manoj with instruction to call him in two days when they left Delhi and parted ways at Chhapra.
Manoj was produced before the court from judicial custody in a muffled face amid high security.
Meanwhile, after the court proceedings, when Manoj was being escorted out of the courtroom, he was all of a sudden made to sit for a while in the corridor. Upon inquiry, the police party said that the accused was feeling uneasy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!