5-yr-old`s rape: Main accused Manoj Sah sent in police custody
New Delhi: Manoj Sah, the main accused in the gangrape of a five-year-old in east Delhi, was today remanded by a city court in five-day police custody to confront him with co-accused Pradeep.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg remanded Manoj, 22, to police custody till April 30 after the probe agency said, "He has to be taken to his native place in Muzzafarpur, Bihar to recover the `blood-stained clothes` which he was wearing at the time of commission of crime."
The police also submitted that they have to confront him with co-accused 19-year-old Pradeep to know the entire facts as well as to corroborate his version given to the investigators at the time of his arrest.
While seeking his five-day custody, the police also said that they need to find out the movement of the accused from the point of them leaving Delhi and reaching Bihar.
"In view of the facts and circumstances of the case the accused is remanded to five-day police custody," the court said.
During the proceedings, the police also took Manoj`s handwriting sample with the permission of the court to match it with the handwriting on a piece of paper recovered from Pradeep and allegedly given to him by Manoj with instruction to call him in two days when they left Delhi and parted ways at Chhapra.
Manoj was produced before the court from judicial custody in a muffled face amid high security.
Meanwhile, after the court proceedings, when Manoj was being escorted out of the courtroom, he was all of a sudden made to sit for a while in the corridor. Upon inquiry, the police party said that the accused was feeling uneasy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune