50 Kendriya Vidyalas to come up on railway land
New Delhi: HRD Ministry today joined hands
with railways for setting up 50 Kendriya Vidyalayas on railway
land across the country.
An MoU was signed between the HRD Ministry and the
Railways today for developing educational infrastructure in
railway land in the country.
"We would set up 20 Kendriya Vidyalays in the Eleventh
Plan and 30 more Kendriya Vidyalays (KVs)in the next Plan in
railway land across the country," said HRD Minister Kapil
Besides KVs, the two ministries would strive for
setting up residential schools, model degree colleges and
technical and management institutions on railway land as per
"Our plan is to set up about 10 residential schools on
the pattern of Navodaya Vidyalaya", said Sibal.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, who was also present
on the occasion, said "this is a historic occasion as we are
signing MoU with the HRD Ministry for setting up model school,
colleges, technical and management institutions in railway
She said the proposal for developing educational
institutions on railway land had come from railway employees
unions. So these proposed schools, colleges and technical and
management intuitions will be beneficial for railway employees
as well as also common people, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends