50 Kendriya Vidyalas to come up on railway land
New Delhi: HRD Ministry today joined hands
with railways for setting up 50 Kendriya Vidyalayas on railway
land across the country.
An MoU was signed between the HRD Ministry and the
Railways today for developing educational infrastructure in
railway land in the country.
"We would set up 20 Kendriya Vidyalays in the Eleventh
Plan and 30 more Kendriya Vidyalays (KVs)in the next Plan in
railway land across the country," said HRD Minister Kapil
Besides KVs, the two ministries would strive for
setting up residential schools, model degree colleges and
technical and management institutions on railway land as per
"Our plan is to set up about 10 residential schools on
the pattern of Navodaya Vidyalaya", said Sibal.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, who was also present
on the occasion, said "this is a historic occasion as we are
signing MoU with the HRD Ministry for setting up model school,
colleges, technical and management institutions in railway
She said the proposal for developing educational
institutions on railway land had come from railway employees
unions. So these proposed schools, colleges and technical and
management intuitions will be beneficial for railway employees
as well as also common people, she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents