50 kg RDX in lawyer`s office near SC: PCR gets hoax call
New Delhi: An anonymous call claiming
that a huge quantity of RDX has been stored in the office of a
lawyer of Supreme Court here triggered panic among the
security agencies but it later turned out to be a hoax.
The call claiming that 50 kg of RDX has been stored in
a room in lawyers` chambers near Supreme Court was received at
the Police Control Room at around 5 pm, a senior police
Searches were conducted by police in the chambers.
"We did not find anything and have declared the call a
hoax," he said.
The official said the call was made from a telephone
Police suspect that the call was made by a person who
nurses some grudge against the lawyer.
The official refused to identify the lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA