50 kg RDX in lawyer`s office near SC: PCR gets hoax call
New Delhi: An anonymous call claiming
that a huge quantity of RDX has been stored in the office of a
lawyer of Supreme Court here triggered panic among the
security agencies but it later turned out to be a hoax.
The call claiming that 50 kg of RDX has been stored in
a room in lawyers` chambers near Supreme Court was received at
the Police Control Room at around 5 pm, a senior police
Searches were conducted by police in the chambers.
"We did not find anything and have declared the call a
hoax," he said.
The official said the call was made from a telephone
Police suspect that the call was made by a person who
nurses some grudge against the lawyer.
The official refused to identify the lawyer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'