50 yrs of Sino-Indian war
Itanagar: On the 50th anniversary of the Sino-Indian war of 1962, the BJP would organise a rally from Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh to Guwahati in October to pay homage to those killed in that war.
The Sahid Srddhanjali Yatra would be flagged off on October 2 at Bumla in Tawang district bordering China and culminate at the Assam capital on October 5, BJP national general secretary Tapir Gao said here on Saturday.
To be organised under the aegis of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) with the theme "Jara yaad karo qurbani", the yatra would pay homage to the 2,420 army personnel besides countless civilians who laid down their lives in the war on the completion of its 50 years, Gao said.
He said the party would felicitate all the family members of the martyrs besides those living army personnel and civilians who fought the battle.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal