5,368 cases of child rape reported in 2009: Govt
New Delhi: At least 5,368 cases of child rape
were reported in 2009 with Madhya Pradesh accounting for the
maximum of 20 per cent cases followed by Uttar Pradesh,
Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh, the Rajya Sabha was informed
As per National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), 5045, 5466
and 5368 cases of child rape were reported in the country in
2007, 2008 and 2009 respectively, Minister for Women and Child
Development, Krishna Tirath said in written reply.
In 2009, the highest percentage of cases was reported from
Madhya Pradesh (20 per cent) followed by Uttar Pradesh (11.6
per cent), Maharashtra (11.4 per cent) and Andhra Pradesh (7.8
per cent), she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune