54 static bunkers removed from Srinagar: J&K govt
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday said 54 static bunkers have been removed from the Srinagar city during the last year in view of nearly 36 per cent decline in violence in the state in 2012 as compared to previous year.
This information was given out at a consultative committee meeting of the departments headed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah here, an official spokesman said.
"There has been decline in terrorist-related violence by 36 per cent during the year 2012 as compared to the year 2011," the spokesman said.
He said 54 static bunkers have been removed in public places in Srinagar and various government and private buildings vacated and restored for their original purposes.
The spokesman said under the amnesty scheme, devised for youth involved in stone-pelting, the orders to the withdrawal of 196 cases involving 1,432 people have been issued by the government.
"Nearly 86 per cent of the 1,84,330 cases received during last three years for issuance of passport have been cleared till March 14, 2013," he said.
The spokesman said the draft Jammu and Kashmir Police Bill 2013 has been uploaded on the official website of the department in the last week of January for inviting suggestions from the public.
The chief minister suggested identifying subjects in each department and flagging these for deliberation and discussion in depth in the next meeting to make meetings of the Consultative Committee more purposeful and meaningful.
The meeting was attended by Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmad Kitchloo, Minister of State for Power Viqar Rasool, Legislator Ajat Shatru Singh and Chief Secretary Mohammad Iqbal Khandey among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan