56 cases of sexual harassment in Navodaya, KVs
New Delhi: Fifty-six cases of sexual harassment have been reported in the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) since 2010, government said on Wednesday.
This information was given by Minister of State in HRD Ministry Shashi Tharoor in a written response to a question in Lok Sabha.
According to the information given by Tharoor, there have been 14 such cases in the NVS of which charges had been proved and services terminated in one case while investigations were on in the remaining cases.
Forty-two cases of sexual harassment of teachers were reported in KVS of which charges had been proved and action taken in 20 cases while 18 cases were under investigation.
Charges had not been proved in three cases in the KVS and one case is sub-judice, the data says.
In response to another question, Tharoor said a committee of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) has been constituted to examine the provisions of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in the context of the no-detention policy under the Right to Education Act.
While responding to another question, the minister said the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) is the nodal department for Sanskriti school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects