56 cases of sexual harassment in Navodaya, KVs
New Delhi: Fifty-six cases of sexual harassment have been reported in the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) since 2010, government said on Wednesday.
This information was given by Minister of State in HRD Ministry Shashi Tharoor in a written response to a question in Lok Sabha.
According to the information given by Tharoor, there have been 14 such cases in the NVS of which charges had been proved and services terminated in one case while investigations were on in the remaining cases.
Forty-two cases of sexual harassment of teachers were reported in KVS of which charges had been proved and action taken in 20 cases while 18 cases were under investigation.
Charges had not been proved in three cases in the KVS and one case is sub-judice, the data says.
In response to another question, Tharoor said a committee of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) has been constituted to examine the provisions of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) in the context of the no-detention policy under the Right to Education Act.
While responding to another question, the minister said the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) is the nodal department for Sanskriti school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth