5.8 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands
New Delhi: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale jolted India`s Nicobar Islands early Thursday.
The quake hit the islands at 1.12 am, Xinhua quoted the US Geological Survey (USGS) as saying.
The temblor`s epicentre, with a depth of 1.00 km, was initially determined to be at 7.8365 degrees north latitude and 94.0158 degrees east longitude.
Situated in the south-east of the Bay of Bengal, the Nicobar Islands comprises 22 large and small islands, of which only 12 have inhabitants.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living