6 Indians burnt to death in Oman vehicle collision
Dubai: Six Indians were on Sunday burnt alive in
a horrific head-on collision between two trucks near Mamur
town in the north-west of Muscat in Oman.
Six Indians were killed and two Omanis seriously injured
when two pickup trucks collided and one carrying six workers
caught fire this evening, local media quoted a policeman as
Four of the six died on the spot, while two succumbed to
their burns in a hospital, Welfare Secretary with the Indian
Social Club P M Jabir told Gulf News.
The victims have been identified as Anil Kumar Sadanandan
(35), Vishnu Bhargavan Villappil (42), Prasad Balakrishna
Pillai (34), Sajukumar Unnikrishnan Pillai (29), Johanson Anil
(43) and Das, whose full name and age were not available.
He said that bodies of the four were kept at the Bahla
hospital while two were taken to the Nizwa hospital in Oman.
"All the deceased worked for a construction company and
were travelling in a twin-cabin pick up to go to their work
site," he said.
The Omani company that employed these Indians from Kerala
has initiated procedures to repatriate the bodies.
"We will provide whatever help the company may need in
completing formalities," the ISC Welfare Secretary told the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH