6 more trains cancelled due to fog
New Delhi: Railways on Monday cancelled six
trains from here as dense fog over parts of North India
continued to hamper train movement causing delay and
rescheduling of services.
The Agra Intercity express, the North East Express to
Guwahati, Howrah Express, Kaifiyat Express to Azamgarh, the
Gondwana express to Jabalpur were among the trains which were
cancelled for the day, said a Northern Railway spokesperson.
Close to 50 trains, including the Rajdhanis from the
eastern states, arrived in the city several hours behind
schedule, the spokesperson said.
Trains running inordinately late included New Delhi-bound
Puri Express, which was running late by a day, while Delhi-
bound Brahmaputra Mail was running late by 17 hours, he said.
Departure timings of a dozen trains were rescheduled
owing to the late running of corresponding trains.
Last week, Railways decided not to run 28 train services
from December 1, nearly three weeks ahead of schedule, owing
to early onset of fog this winter for safety of passengers.
Services of 28 trains will remain cancelled and 8 trains
will be partially cancelled from December 1 this year till
January 31 next year as per the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy