6 more trains cancelled due to fog
New Delhi: Railways on Monday cancelled six
trains from here as dense fog over parts of North India
continued to hamper train movement causing delay and
rescheduling of services.
The Agra Intercity express, the North East Express to
Guwahati, Howrah Express, Kaifiyat Express to Azamgarh, the
Gondwana express to Jabalpur were among the trains which were
cancelled for the day, said a Northern Railway spokesperson.
Close to 50 trains, including the Rajdhanis from the
eastern states, arrived in the city several hours behind
schedule, the spokesperson said.
Trains running inordinately late included New Delhi-bound
Puri Express, which was running late by a day, while Delhi-
bound Brahmaputra Mail was running late by 17 hours, he said.
Departure timings of a dozen trains were rescheduled
owing to the late running of corresponding trains.
Last week, Railways decided not to run 28 train services
from December 1, nearly three weeks ahead of schedule, owing
to early onset of fog this winter for safety of passengers.
Services of 28 trains will remain cancelled and 8 trains
will be partially cancelled from December 1 this year till
January 31 next year as per the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video