65 more Bhatta Parsaul farmers given relief
Greater Noida: Union Minister of State for
Rural Development Pradeep Jain on Wednesday visited the Bhatta
Parsaul here and disbursed Rs 50,000 each to 16 farmers
injured clashes during agitation against land acquisition.
49 other farmers were given compensation of Rs 10,000
Earlier, 110 farmers were given relief by the Centre
from Prime Minister`s relief fund.
The relief distributed today was on the basis of a
supplementary list prepared after National Human Rights
Commission, National Women Commission and National Commission
for Scheduled Caste which paid visit to the village and
recorded the statements of farmers.
Meanwhile, in an effort to keep the land acquisition
issue alive, the Congress has announced that it will celebrate
Rahul Gandhi`s birthday on June 19 as farmers rights day
across the country.
Opposition parties are also trying to exploit the
farmers` issue to the hilt keeping in mind the Assembly
elections in the state early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui