65 more Bhatta Parsaul farmers given relief
Greater Noida: Union Minister of State for
Rural Development Pradeep Jain on Wednesday visited the Bhatta
Parsaul here and disbursed Rs 50,000 each to 16 farmers
injured clashes during agitation against land acquisition.
49 other farmers were given compensation of Rs 10,000
Earlier, 110 farmers were given relief by the Centre
from Prime Minister`s relief fund.
The relief distributed today was on the basis of a
supplementary list prepared after National Human Rights
Commission, National Women Commission and National Commission
for Scheduled Caste which paid visit to the village and
recorded the statements of farmers.
Meanwhile, in an effort to keep the land acquisition
issue alive, the Congress has announced that it will celebrate
Rahul Gandhi`s birthday on June 19 as farmers rights day
across the country.
Opposition parties are also trying to exploit the
farmers` issue to the hilt keeping in mind the Assembly
elections in the state early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt