660 response centres for violence-hit women
New Delhi: Crises and response centres will be set up at 660 locations across the country for violence-affected women, the ministry for women and child development said Monday.
"The centres are expected to facilitate medical aid and police assistance, provide legal counselling/court case management, psycho-social counselling and temporary shelter, if required," a statement from the ministry said.
It added that adequate funds had been proposed for these centres through the Nirbhaya Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals