660 response centres for violence-hit women
New Delhi: Crises and response centres will be set up at 660 locations across the country for violence-affected women, the ministry for women and child development said Monday.
"The centres are expected to facilitate medical aid and police assistance, provide legal counselling/court case management, psycho-social counselling and temporary shelter, if required," a statement from the ministry said.
It added that adequate funds had been proposed for these centres through the Nirbhaya Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore