660 response centres for violence-hit women
New Delhi: Crises and response centres will be set up at 660 locations across the country for violence-affected women, the ministry for women and child development said Monday.
"The centres are expected to facilitate medical aid and police assistance, provide legal counselling/court case management, psycho-social counselling and temporary shelter, if required," a statement from the ministry said.
It added that adequate funds had been proposed for these centres through the Nirbhaya Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'