67.3 mn watched India-Pakistan match: Rating agency
New Delhi: The India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal got the maximum viewership rating with 67.3 million people staying glued to their television sets in the country to enjoy the showdown, a rating agency said Thursday.
The match got ratings of 11.74, which is exceptionally high for a 100 overs match, Audience Measurement and Analytics Ltd. (aMap) said.
The average time spent by viewers was 160 minutes per person, which is also the highest for any match in the 2011 World Cup.
The viewership went up to 20.02 in the closing stages as India wrapped up the match by 29 runs.
India take on Sri Lanka in the final at Mumbai`s Wankhede Stadium on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price