67.3 mn watched India-Pakistan match: Rating agency
New Delhi: The India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal got the maximum viewership rating with 67.3 million people staying glued to their television sets in the country to enjoy the showdown, a rating agency said Thursday.
The match got ratings of 11.74, which is exceptionally high for a 100 overs match, Audience Measurement and Analytics Ltd. (aMap) said.
The average time spent by viewers was 160 minutes per person, which is also the highest for any match in the 2011 World Cup.
The viewership went up to 20.02 in the closing stages as India wrapped up the match by 29 runs.
India take on Sri Lanka in the final at Mumbai`s Wankhede Stadium on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA