67.3 mn watched India-Pakistan match: Rating agency
New Delhi: The India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal got the maximum viewership rating with 67.3 million people staying glued to their television sets in the country to enjoy the showdown, a rating agency said Thursday.
The match got ratings of 11.74, which is exceptionally high for a 100 overs match, Audience Measurement and Analytics Ltd. (aMap) said.
The average time spent by viewers was 160 minutes per person, which is also the highest for any match in the 2011 World Cup.
The viewership went up to 20.02 in the closing stages as India wrapped up the match by 29 runs.
India take on Sri Lanka in the final at Mumbai`s Wankhede Stadium on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!