67.3 mn watched India-Pakistan match: Rating agency
New Delhi: The India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal got the maximum viewership rating with 67.3 million people staying glued to their television sets in the country to enjoy the showdown, a rating agency said Thursday.
The match got ratings of 11.74, which is exceptionally high for a 100 overs match, Audience Measurement and Analytics Ltd. (aMap) said.
The average time spent by viewers was 160 minutes per person, which is also the highest for any match in the 2011 World Cup.
The viewership went up to 20.02 in the closing stages as India wrapped up the match by 29 runs.
India take on Sri Lanka in the final at Mumbai`s Wankhede Stadium on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah