68 to get PM`s Shram Awards
New Delhi: 68 workers employed in PSUs as well as in private sector units have been nominated for the `Prime Minister’s Shram Awards` for 2011.
The award is given in recognition of their performances, innovative abilities, outstanding contribution in the field of productivity and exhibition of exceptional courage and presence of mind.
Of the 68 workers nominated, six are women. 52 of them are from public sector and 16 from private sector, said a government statement.
However, no nomination was found suitable for presitigious Shram Ratna Award, it said.
As far as other categories are concerned, six nominations were for the Shram Bhushan Award, 33 for Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana award and 29 nominations for Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards.
The Shram Bhushan carries a cash award of Rs one lakh while Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana carries a cash award of Rs 60,000. The Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awardees are twenty nine. It carries a cash award of Rs 40,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read