68 to get PM`s Shram Awards
New Delhi: 68 workers employed in PSUs as well as in private sector units have been nominated for the `Prime Minister’s Shram Awards` for 2011.
The award is given in recognition of their performances, innovative abilities, outstanding contribution in the field of productivity and exhibition of exceptional courage and presence of mind.
Of the 68 workers nominated, six are women. 52 of them are from public sector and 16 from private sector, said a government statement.
However, no nomination was found suitable for presitigious Shram Ratna Award, it said.
As far as other categories are concerned, six nominations were for the Shram Bhushan Award, 33 for Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana award and 29 nominations for Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awards.
The Shram Bhushan carries a cash award of Rs one lakh while Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana carries a cash award of Rs 60,000. The Shram Shree/Shram Devi Awardees are twenty nine. It carries a cash award of Rs 40,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!