7 Indian cos in Asia`s top 20 life science firms
Bangalore: Seven Indian companies are among
Asia`s top 20 publicly listed life science companies, says a
The names include Cipla, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Dr Reddy`s
Laboratories, Cadila Healthcare, Lupin, Aurobindo Pharma and
Sun Pharma, a survey conducted by life sciences journal
BioSpectrum Asia said.
According to the survey, the combined revenues of Indian
life sciences companies was USD 21 billion taking the country
to the number two spot behind China.
It said India accounted for 19 per cent of the total
revenues in Asia Pacific. South Korea, Australia and Singapore
followed India in terms of revenue.
The life sciences industry in Asia saw a growth of 3.4
per cent to record revenues of USD 110.89 billion in calendar
year 2009, with nearly half of the revenues -- USD 54.24
billion -- coming from the listed companies, the study said.
The publicly listed companies grew at 24.03 per cent.
This figure includes total revenues from sales, licensing and
service income of the companies in the Asia Pacific region,
excluding Japan, it said.
General healthcare and equipment providers are excluded
from this survey.
Executed over a period of two months April-May 2010 the
survey was limited to publicly listed companies in the life
sciences industry in the Asia Pacific region.
A sample survey of private companies has been factored
into the survey numbers.
With revenues of USD 22 billion, Chinese publicly listed
companies grew the fastest in 2009 at 51.82 per cent, followed
With revenues of USD 2 billion, Taiwan posted a robust
46.29 per cent growth. Indian publicly listed firms with
revenues of USD 14.59 billion grew the slowest, at 1.42 per
cent, the survey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!