7 killed in North due to rains
New Delhi: Seven persons have been killed in rain-related incidents in Northern region where showers brought down temperatures giving relief from hot and humid weather.
However, rains eluded the national capital, where temperature remained above normal levels.
While the maximum temperature was recorded at 34.5 degree Celsius, the minimum temperature settled at 29.8 degree Celsius in Delhi.
The maximum temperature was one degree above normal, while the minimum temperature was three degrees above normal.
In UP, three persons were killed and one more injured after being struck by lightning in two villages of Shahjahanpur district yesterday.
Four children of a family were killed when their house collapsed following heavy rainfall in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir this morning. Six other members of the family were also injured.
Moderate to rather heavy rains occurred at a few places over Uttar Pradesh, according to the Meteorological office.
Several parts of Punjab and Haryana witnessed moderate to heavy rains bringing mercury down and providing respite to the people from humid weather.
In Punjab, Ludhiana got 12 mm rains, Patiala 5 mm, Pathankot 2 mm, Madhopur 30 mm, Shahpur Kandi belt 102 mm, Ropar 10 mm, Ranjit Sagar Dam 22.6 mm and Mohali 40 mm.
The maximum temperature in Chandigarh was recorded at 27.4 deg C, down by six notches. Ambala registered a high of 27.8 deg C, down five degrees while Rohtak`s maximum was 32.6 deg C, down by one degree.
Rajasthan also received mild to moderate rains in several parts of the state during the past 24 hours, the MeT department has said.
While Rajsamand recorded the maximum rainfall of 2 cm, Baseri and Bhopalsagar recorded 1 cm of rainfall each, MeT officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?