70,000 foreign office files declassified
New Delhi: In an important step that should cheer academics and researchers, over 70,000 declassified files of the external affairs ministry dealing with sensitive issues like India-Pakistan relations will now be available online.
Another 22,000 files will be declassified soon and will be made available in the public domain, the external affairs ministry announced Monday, adding that "70,000 files were already declassified and transferred to National Archives of India".
Researchers and students of international relations can now access these files on www.indiandiplomacy.in, the website of the public diplomacy department of the external affairs ministry.
In collaboration with the National Archives of India, these files have now been catalogued in a user-friendly, searchable format. The website also provides information on the modalities of accessing the files at National Archives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened