75 cases of child abuse reported this year
New Delhi: The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights has received 75 cases of child abuse, including cases of corporal punishment upto October 31, with the highest number being reported from the national capital and Uttar Pradesh.
While Delhi received 13 complaints of child abuse and 7 cases of corporal punishment, Uttar Pradesh reported six cases of child abuse and 15 cases of corporal punishment.
Gujarat, Goa and Arunachal Pradesh reported no such cases, Minister of State for Women and Child Development Krishna Tirath said in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
NCPCR has taken up serious cases, including the case of Rouvanjit Rawla, who committed suciide after facing corporal punishment, with concerned authorities.
The government proposes to bring in a new law on the protection of children from sexual offences, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir