764 Pakistanis granted Indian citizenship in 3 years
New Delhi: Indian citizenship has been granted to 764 Pakistani nationals during the 2009-11 period, the government on Wednesday told Parliament.
"1290 applications of Pakistani nationals were received from various state government/UTs for grant of Indian citizenship by registration and naturalisation during last three years, ie, 2009-2011. Indian citizenship was granted to 764 Pakistan nationals during this period," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
He said all such cases received in his ministry "are processed as expeditiously as possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan