764 Pakistanis granted Indian citizenship in 3 years
New Delhi: Indian citizenship has been granted to 764 Pakistani nationals during the 2009-11 period, the government on Wednesday told Parliament.
"1290 applications of Pakistani nationals were received from various state government/UTs for grant of Indian citizenship by registration and naturalisation during last three years, ie, 2009-2011. Indian citizenship was granted to 764 Pakistan nationals during this period," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
He said all such cases received in his ministry "are processed as expeditiously as possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack