764 Pakistanis granted Indian citizenship in 3 years
New Delhi: Indian citizenship has been granted to 764 Pakistani nationals during the 2009-11 period, the government on Wednesday told Parliament.
"1290 applications of Pakistani nationals were received from various state government/UTs for grant of Indian citizenship by registration and naturalisation during last three years, ie, 2009-2011. Indian citizenship was granted to 764 Pakistan nationals during this period," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
He said all such cases received in his ministry "are processed as expeditiously as possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations